At Circuit Mind we are completely automating the design of electronic circuit boards. Just as the introduction of software compilers and interpreters enabled an explosion in software application development, our intelligent software will power complex hardware design and development in the future.
Electronic circuit boards are at the core of current and future inventions, from augmented reality to autonomous vehicles. Yet today, designing an electronic circuit board is an extremely manual, long and inefficient process. At Circuit Mind we are on a mission to solve this problem, shaping the future of hardware technology.
We are building a novel software system that takes in high-level requirements and creates optimized circuit board designs in seconds. We are tackling hard problems that no one has ever solved before, pushing beyond what is currently thought to be possible.
Several small and large engineering companies are waiting for Circuit Mind’s technology. We have the backing of world-class VC investors and we are building a tight-knit interdisciplinary team with outstanding technical abilities in electronic engineering, software engineering and algorithm design.
We are looking for humble perpetual learners who are driven and able to think critically to play a major role in shaping Circuit Mind from the beginning.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer at Circuit Mind, you’ll take full ownership in developing our software and algorithms from the ground up, while collaborating on a technically challenging product in a supportive, inclusive, cross-functional team of experts.
- Design, build and maintain Circuit Mind’s core software. This includes a complex business logic, a large database of electronic components and several mathematical algorithms.
- Participate in a culture of code reviews, automated testing and continuous integration.
- Learn, use, and improve best practices and processes for high-quality software development.
- Help shape our technology stack, assuring a modern and positive development experience.
We’d also love you to inform, iterate and challenge the business and technology strategy, and to actively contribute to hiring the rest of the Circuit Mind engineering team.
- Extensive professional experience solving deep, complex problems using Python.
- Professional experience with automated testing and maintaining large codebases in Python.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent professional experience.
- An interest in electronic engineering.
Nice to haves
- Experience in algorithm design (high-performance computing, algorithms on graphs, mathematical modelling and optimization, geometric algorithms, data science and machine learning).
- Experience in compiler and programming language design, especially hardware description languages.
- Technical challenges that the world has not solved before and the chance to shape first-hand the electronics revolution.
- Collaboration with friendly world-class team.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 25 days of annual holidays.
- Flexible working environment.
- London Bridge office.
At Circuit Mind we value diversity and foster an inclusive environment. If you have an additional necessity or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know so we can adjust the interview process to your needs. We also ensure that Circuit Mind’s straight-forward and efficient hiring process honours your time.
The current back-end stack consists of Python 3.9, PostgreSQL, Django, mypy, GraphQL, Docker, Heroku, Redis, and some specific algorithm libraries.